Ababol R+ is a concentrated emulsion of high performance polymers and is solvent free.
It is specially recommended for use with all types of gel coat or other types of paints, and for process that require extra release.
- Ababol R+ has been formulated free of organic solvents or alcohol and it does not release CFC or any other volatile organic compound, meeting the highest environmental requirements.
- It has an excellent terminal stability. It can be used in heated moulds and high working temperatures.
- Not flammable or explosive and no dangerous reactions are known.
- Opaque white liquid, low odour.
- pH, 25ºC: 8.0 – 10.0
- Density: 1.0 – 1.1 g/cm3
- The surface to be treated must be cleaned with Ababol C, C+ or Cd. When cleaner the surface, more effective is treatment with our release agents.
- After sealing the mould apply a small quantity of Ababol R+ on a small part of the mould surface, using sprayers or a wet paper or towel. Do not use materials with high absorption of release. Do not reuse paper or towels. Because it does not contain solvents wiping off is not required immediately.
Before evaporation of Ababol R+, wipe over the surface.
Repeat that process in all the surface of the mould.
The yield is about 50-75 m2/liter. Using more Ababol R+ than the recommended does NOT ensure a better release.
- Wait a minimum of 15 minutes between each coat or starting production after last coat, based on temperatures of 20-25ºC. Waiting times will be shortened if the mould temperature is higher.
- Number of coats:
– New or repaired moulds a minimum of 3 coats and 1 more after the first release.
– Production moulds, only one coat when needed.
- The number of releases depends on:
– Mould materials.
– Mould conditions.
– Shape of the mould.
– Materials and geometry of the piece.
NOTE: ABABOL R+ can be applied spraying over the mould surface. In case of interest in this application system consult our technical team.
If you have any concerns, questions or want to learn more about the possibilities of this product and its efficiency to achieve the best results please contact our technical staff who will be happy to help and advise you.