Ababol S+ is a sealer based in alcohol, giving the surfaces where it is applied a strong film. This film is adhered to the substrate, sealing potential sticking points.
It is compatible with water-based release agents and solvent based, increasing efficiency of the release process and giving a greater margin of safety.
Using Ababol S+ increases the lifetime of the mould.
- No contaminating transfer due to the strong adherence with the substratum.
- It does not produce aesthetic changes in the mould surface.
- Keep well close and free of humidity to avoid evaporation of solvent.
- This product lasts being active for 2 years, as long as it is kept in a dry place below 32 ºC.
- Clear liquid.
- Density approx.: 0.85 g/cm3
- Odour: strong IPA smell.
- Performance: approx. 25 m2/l.
- First you must thoroughly clean the mould surface. You can use Ababol C, C+ or Cd. The cleaner the mould surface, the better the sealing of the mould will be, therefore the mould will be productive for longer.
- Choose a small area of the mould, around 1m2. Apply Ababol S+ with a piece of paper or towel and immediately start wiping over this area until it is well distributed. In the case of quick evaporation some marks may appear in the mould, apply more ABABOL S+ and wipe off immediately.
- Repeat step 2 until the whole mould surface is covered.
- Wait at least 1 hour until the curing of the coat that has been applied. After that time the mould is ready for applying more coats of ABABOL S+.
- After the last layer and before starting to use the mould you must wait a minimum of 24hours. At 5-6 days 100% resistance is reached, however in 24 hours resistance is usually much higher than the normal requirements for using as a sealer.
- The number of coats will depend on two factors:
a) The condition of the mould:
– For new or repaired moulds at least 2-3 coats.
– For used moulds, 1-2 coats.
b) Nature of the mould, new or repaired mould:
– Polyester: 2 coats.
– Epoxy: 3 coats.
– Metal: 2 coats.
– Glass: 2 coats.
NOTE: ABABOL S+ can be applied spraying on the mould surface. In case of interest in this application system consult our technical team.
If you have any concerns, questions or want to learn more about the possibilities of this product and its efficiency to achieve the best results please contact our technical staff who will be happy to help and advise you.