Ababol S is a sealer that produces a clear, flexible and resistant film on the surfaces of the mould. This film sticks to the substratum, sealing any possible physical or chemical anchorage points.
It is compatible with water based and solvent based release agents, increasing its efficiency and providing a bigger margin of safety to the process of de-moulding. Using Ababol S increases the durability of the mould.
Ababol S Eliminates potential sticking points as micro porosity and other surface irregularities increases safety margin against possible adhesions, making it a safer and effective mould release action.
This sealer may be used in all processes and different mould surfaces. Specially recommended in moulds manufactured with epoxy resin.
- No contaminating transfer due to the strong adherence with the substratum.
- Excellent thermal stability.
- It doesn’t produce aesthetic changes in the mould surface.
- This product lasts being active for a year, as long as it is kept in a dry place below 32 ºC.
- Clear liquid.
- Density aprox.: 0.90 g/cm3
- Odour: strong solvent smell.
- Contains solvent: Naphta.
- Flash Point: aprox. 38 ºC.
- Performance: aprox. 20 m2/l.
- First you must thoroughly clean the mould surface. You can use Ababol C, C+ or Cd. The cleaner the mould surface, the better the sealing of the mould will be, therefore the mould will be productive for longer.
- Choose a small area of the mould, around 1m2. Apply Ababol S with a piece of paper or towel and immediately start wiping over this area until it is well distributed. In the case of quick evaporation some marks may appear in the mould, apply more ABABOL S and wipe off immediately.
- Repeat step 2 until the whole mould surface is covered.
- Wait at least 15 minutes until the curing of the coat that has been applied. After that time the mould is ready for applying more coats if necessary or you can begin applying the mould release agent.
- The number of coats will depend on two factors:
a) The condition of the mould:
– For new or repaired moulds at least 4 coats.
– For used moulds, 1 coat.
b) Nature of the mould, new or repaired mould:
– Polyester: 3 coats.
– Epoxy: 6 coats.
– Metal: 2 coats.
– Glass: 3 coats.
NOTE: ABABOL S can be applied spraying on the mould surface. In case of interest in this application system consult our technical team.
If you have any concerns, questions or want to learn more about the possibilities of this product and its efficiency to achieve the best results please contact our technical staff who will be happy to help and advise you.