Ababol G is a concentrated emulsion of high performance polymers in the field of anti-adhesion, hydrophobicity, release and lubricity of plastic materials as polyester, epoxy, polyethylene, phenoplastics, vinyl derivatives, acrylic derivatives, glass and metals, etc.
Specially designed for the release of high abrasion materials, process that requires an extra lubricity and anti-stick in the mould.
- Ababol G has been formulated free of organic solvents or alcohol and it does not release CFC or any other volatile organic compound, meeting the highest environmental requirements.
- It has an excellent terminal stability. It can be used in heated moulds and high working temperatures.
- Not flammable or explosive and no dangerous reactions are known.
- No mould build up and no contaminating transfer. If the mould or final piece requires painting or is to be coated then use Ababol R or Ababol R+.
- Opaque white liquid, low odour.
- pH, 25ºC: 10.0-13.0
- Density: 1.0 – 1.1 g/cm3
- The surface to be treated must be thoroughly cleaned with Ababol C, C+ or Cd.
- Our release agents are most effective only when the mould is completely clean.
- Seal with Ababol sealer, and after sealing the mould apply a small quantity of Ababol G on a part of the mould surface, using sprayers or a wet paper or towel. Do not use materials with high absorption of release. After using a piece of paper discard it and continue to use clean paper at all times. Before evaporation of Ababol G, wipe over the surface.
Repeat that process in all surfaces of the mould.
The yield is about 50-75 m2/litre. Using more volume of Ababol G does not ensure a better release.
- Wait a minimum of 15 minutes between each coat of Ababol G, or to initiate production after last coat, based on temperatures of 20-25ºC. Waiting times will be shortened if the mould temperature is higher.
- Number of coats:
– New moulds or repaired moulds need a minimum of 3 coats and 1 more after the first release.
– Production mould, only one coat when needed.
- The number of releases depends on:
– Mould materials
– Mould conditions
– Shape of the mould
– Materials and geometry of the piece
NOTE: ABABOL G can be applied by spraying on the mould surface. In case of interest in this application system consult our technical team.
If you have any concerns, questions or want to learn more about the possibilities of this product and its efficiency to achieve the best results please contact our technical staff who will be happy to help and advise you.