ABABOL N is a formulation based on high performance polymers which gives the mould surface a tough and durable microstructure. Combined with our technology LCC (Liquid Crystal Coating), it provides high performance release and lubricity.
ABABOL N accomplishes the highest environmental requirements, since it’s formulation free of organic solvents or alcohols, no emitting CFC or any other organic compound.
- Ababol N has been formulated free of organic solvents or alcohol and it does not release CFC or any other volatile organic compound, meeting the highest environmental requirements.
- It has an excellent terminal stability. It can be used in heated moulds and high working temperatures.
- Not flammable or explosive and no dangerous reactions are known.
- No mould built up and no contaminating transfer.
- Very stable against solvents.
- Does not require high temperatures for activation (15ºC is enough).
- Opaque white liquid, low odour.
- pH, 25ºC: 9.0-12.0
- Density: 1.0 – 1.1 g/cm3
- The surface to be treated must be cleaned with Ababol C, C+ or Cd. When cleaner the surface, more effective is the treatment with our release agents.
- Seal with Ababol sealer, and after sealing the mould apply a small quantity of Ababol N on a part of the mould surface, using sprayers or a wet paper or towels. Do not use materials with high absorption of release. After using a piece of paper dispose of it, always use clean paper or cloth for next uses.
Before evaporation of Ababol N, wipe over the surface. Because it does not contain solvents, wiping of is not required immediately.
- Repeat that process in all surfaces of the mould.
- Curing time depends on the temperature and humidity. Approximately:
Tª mould surface Curing time <15 ºC >de 45 minutes 15-18 ºC 30 minutes 18-20 ºC 20 minutes 20-30 ºC 15 minutes 30-40 ºC 12 minutes > 50ºC 10 minutes
If the product has been applied by spray, cure times decrease by about 3-6 minutes.
- Number of coats:
– New or repaired moulds, a minimum of 3 coats and 1 more after the first release.
– Production moulds only one coat when needed.
- The number of releases depends on:
– Mould materials
– Mould conditions
– Shape of the mould
– Materials and geometry of the piece
NOTE: ABABOL N can be applied by spraying on the mould surface. In case of interest in this application system consult our technical team.
If you have any concerns, questions or want to learn more about the possibilities of this product and its efficiency to achieve the best results please contact our technical staff who will be happy to help and advise you.