ABABOL Seco is a sealer which gives the surfaces where it’s applied a transparent and highly resistant film, against chemical and environmental agents. This chemistry is based on our technology LCC (Liquid Crystal Coating).
As consequence of being a solvent free sealer, its penetration is lower than other sealers, the crystallization of active compounds reaches the depths of the micro pores, producing an anchor with tenacity greater than the solvent-based sealants.
ABABOL Seco increases the efficiency of releases process and gives a greater margin of safety. Using Ababol Seco increases the lifetime of the mould.
It is compatible with water-based release agents and solvent based. Recommended for all kinds of moulds, specially metal moulds.
- No contaminating transfer due to the strong adherence with the substratum.
- It does not produce aesthetic changes in the mould surface.
- Keep well closed and free of humidity to avoid evaporation of solvent.
- This product lasts being active for 2 years, as long as it is kept in a dry place between 5-32 ºC.
- Translucent liquid with light whiteness.
- Weak odour.
- Performance: approx. 45 m2/l.
- Thoroughly clean the mould surface. You can use Ababol C, C+ or Cd. The cleaner the mould surface, the better the sealing of the mould will be, enabling the mould will be productive for longer.
- Choose a small area of the mould, around 1m2. Apply Ababol Seco with a piece of paper or towel and immediately start wiping over this area until it is well distributed.
- Repeat step 2 until the whole mould surface is covered.
- Wait at least 20 minutes until the curing of the coat that has been applied. After that time the mould is ready for applying more coats of ABABOL Seco or start applying release agents. For applications to moulds above 40 °C the time between coats is 12 minutes and above 60 ºC 1 minute is enough.
- After sealing, the mould is ready for applying the release agent.
- The number of coats will depend on two factors:
a) The condition of the mould:
– For new or repaired moulds at least 2-3 coats.
– For used moulds, 1-2 coat.
b) Nature of the mould, new or repaired mould:
– Polyester: 2 coats.
– Epoxy: 3 coats.
– Metal: 2 coats.
– Glass: 2 coats.
If you have any concerns, questions or want to learn more about the possibilities of this product and its efficiency to achieve the best results please contact our technical staff who will be happy to help and advise you.